Wood vs. Glass11/28/2013 Back To Blog
The truth is that most garages have aluminum overhead doors, but lately the modern aesthetics gain territory and an increased number of consumers want to give up metal in favor of the natural beauty of the wood or the extraordinary beauty of glass. These are more expensive materials and there are particularities when it comes to their service, but they can also transform your home, change your mood and increase the value of your property.
Wood is the most beautiful and classical material
- It is a natural material and adapts easily to the changes of the natural environment.
- Contemporary wood doors undergo special processing and their insulation efficiency has been improved.
- It comes out in many colors and designs.
- It creates a cosy and nice atmosphere in your garage and adds to the house's prestige.
- On the other hand, it is more expensive than other materials and needs more frequent services due to its sensitivity and, thus, you will be spending more money on garage door maintenance as well.
- There are many special coatings on the market that you can also supply from Garage Door Repair Burlington that will protect its surface from humidity and extreme temperatures, but you will have to apply them pretty often.
- It weighs a lot and you might need to change the opener and the springs.
Glass will transform your dark garage
- Aesthetically speaking, glass garage doors are amazing and give you the chance to be in constant contact with the outdoor environment.
- It takes advantage of the natural sunlight and, hence, your energy bills will be reduced.
- It is resistant to mold and moisture.
- Though, it needs more frequent cleaning to show off its beauty.
- Although, the glass panel is very durable, it is still glass and, thus, more sensitive to dents and breaks.
- It costs more than other materials, but it will certainly upgrade your house and increase its value enormously.